Pasta with Clams
From the kitchen of: Giada De Laurentiis - Everyday Italian
My first attempt at immitating one of the best dishes we had in Venezia. Feeds 4.
1 lb dried pasta.
1. Boil 6 quarts of salted water. Add pasta, stiring at the beginning to prevent sticking together. About 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan. Add shallots and garlic. Saute until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the clams and wine. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until most clams have opened.
4. Add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Whisk in butter to thicken sauce.
5. Drain pasta. Do not rinse. Place pasta in clam saute pan and mix throughly.
6. Pour pasta into large serving bowl. Zest lemon over the dish (I may skip). Garnish with remaining parsley.