Sukiyaki (Kansai Style)
From the kitchen of: Shinobu - littlejapanmama.com
300g Beef, thinly sliced
How to make Sukiyaki:
1. Prepare ingredients and place on a large platter:
2. Place cooking equipment on the table. Set out egg bowls and rice bowls and chopsticks for each person. Each person whisks their egg with chopsticks and waits in anticipation.
3. Pour about a Tbsp oil in the heated pan (Med heat). Add half the beef and stir-fry until browned a little. Sprinkle sugar on it, pour on soy sauce and sake. Add water to the pan.
4. Add vegetables, tofu and ito-konnyaku, each in their own position in the pan. Keep it tidy.
5. Allow to cook for 1-2 min and then dig in! When most of the ingredients are gone, add more of each ingredient, pushing the cooked ingredients to one side (still keeping it tidy). When the sauce becomes low, add some more sugar, soy sauce and water, keeping the taste balanced. (Don't let it boil dry!) Last of all, add the udon noodles.