Tom and Jerry Batter
From the kitchen of: allrecipes.com
Makes a nicely buttery drink
12 eggs, separated
1. Beat egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form.
2. Beat egg yolks to soft peaks in a separate bowl.
3. Beat the butter and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
4. Add the egg yolks and vanilla to the butter mixture, mix.
5. Stir in nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and egg whites. Beat until well blended. Batter can be frozen of kept in refrigerator for several weeks.
6. To make a Tom and Jerry, heat a cup using hot water, then fill with spiced rum or brandy and stir in 1 heaping tablespoon of batter.
7. Warm milk, hot cocoa, or eggnog may also be used.