Lemon Pound Cake
From the kitchen of: Vicki McClinton
Won first place at the 1993 Shelby County 4-H competition. Mom notes that it was the first from-scratch cake I made without help.
1 cup Crisco
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream 1 cup Crisco with 2 cups sugar until fluffy.
3. Add 4 eggs and 1/2 tsp salt. Beat 2 minutes.
4. Add 2 eggs. Beat 2 minutes.
5. Add 1 tsp almond or lemon extract and 1 tsp vanilla and 2 cups cake flour. Mix until smooth.
6. Pour into a tube pan that has been greased with Crisco and lined with wax paper.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.