German Thumbprint Cookies
From the kitchen of: Barbara Gangl
One of my family's favorite cookies.
3 sticks butter, softened
1. Cream together butter, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla.
2. Work in flour.
3. Roll batter into small balls, press finger into the middle of each ball.
4. Cook at 325 degrees for 5 minutes.
5. With a thimble, press the hole deeper. Put a dab of red currant jelly in each hole.
6. Bake 7-9 minutes longer. Do not let your cookies brown.
7. Cool on cookie rack.
Cookies may be frozen.